As part of our continued efforts to modernise and develop our web systems, we are pleased to announce the release of a rejuvenated ATC scheduling system.
An essential part of the daily operations of the network, the current ATC Scheduling System (commonly known as ATCSS) has seen regular usage since its introduction to the organisation in the early 2000s. On initial release, this visually modernised website will offer the same features as the legacy system but in the recognisable style of many other modern IVAO web systems such as Flight Plan and Tracker.
Phased upgrades will be released in the future to complement and enhance the system's usage and opportunities. Whilst the members who use this system daily will not initially see any new features, this first release does come with a significant background implementation of its own API that will enable third parties to access the scheduling data and display the information on their own websites and within their own tools.
The web system has been designed to be responsive, enabling its use on web browsers and mobile devices. The site is accessible by visiting https://atc.ivao.aero.
- A universal look - The same great look as our Flight Plan and Tracker system, cross-linking your preferences and sign-in options. Giving members of our community a recognisable feel.
- Light/ Dark mode - A dividing opinion amongst many. ATCSS now has a dark mode.
- Promote Exams and Training - A feature that enables members to specify if their booking is an Exam or Training session.
- Specify Start/ End Times - An excellent way to attract traffic and let them know how long you anticipate to be online for.
- Fully integratable with other systems - The fantastic new feature of the ATCSS enables the API to be linked with a multitude of systems such as Websites, Software and Discord (through bots).
The new system has been tested by a great amount of network staff members over the past few weeks, and the majority of bugs/ errors have been fixed. As always should you require any assistance or encounter any issues, our friendly User Support team can be reached by speaking one-on-one with them on the Family Discord, posting in the forum or by emailing email@example.com where a member of the team will gladly assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I have a booking on the legacy ATCSS system. Do I need to move it to the new one?
No. On the day that we switch from the legacy to the new system, our Web Developers will automatically move all booking past the release date to the new system.
Can I access the new ATC Scheduling System early to add upcoming bookings?
Sadly not, but you can add those bookings to the legacy ATCSS system, and they will be transferred over when we release the new system.
I'm interested in gaining access to the API. How can I do so?
For more information on how to gain access to this, and other IVAO APIs that are available, you can visit our dedicated OAuth2 guide.
I've found a bug/error with the system, how can I report this?
The new system has been tested by a great amount of network staff members over the past few weeks, and the majority of bugs/ errors have been fixed. As always should you require any assistance or encounter any issues, our friendly User Support team can be reached by speaking one-on-one with them on the Family Discord, posting in the forum or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org where a member of the team will gladly assist.